UTS is committed to creating a positive environment in which all students and staff are treated fairly and equitably. Everyone has the right to study and work in an environment free of harassment and discrimination. EO Online: prevention of discrimination and harassment in the workplace (EO Online) aims to assist with this goal.
EO Online is a self-paced, on-line training program for all university staff about equal opportunity. It covers:
- theoretical knowledge and a practical understanding of how to apply equal opportunity principles in work and study environments, and
- real life case studies, examples and interactive learning techniques for self assessment.
All staff at UTS are encouraged to complete the Module 1. Module 2 has been specially designed for managers and supervisors.
Access EO Online modules
Each module takes between 1-2 hours, and by working through the EO Online modules you will:
- learn how to deal with and prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace,
- understand your legal rights and responsibilities to achieve a discrimination and harassment free campus,
- increase your awareness of equity policies, issues and strategies in your university, and
- have a reference for dealing with grievances.
From a UTS computer you can gain access to EO Online without a password:
http://eoonline.uow.edu.au (opens an external site)