UTS Grievance handling procedures cover all types of complaints and are based on confidentiality, impartiality, protection from victimisation and prompt resolution.
Principles for complaint resolution at UTS are:
- Managers and supervisors have the responsibility to identify and attempt to prevent or redress problems in the university.
- Where possible, grievances are resolved at the lowest appropriate level of management.
- Complaints are responded to as quickly as possible in the circumstances.
- Procedural fairness is observed for each party in all aspects of handling a complaint.
- No grievance is pre-judged.
- Confidentiality is respected.
- Resolution of the grievance takes into account wherever possible the preferred process of resolution of the person who made the complaint. However, there may be instances where a complaint is of such a serious nature that formal action is required.
- Staff and students have a responsibility not to pursue grievances with a mischievous or malicious intent.